Puzzles & Riddles

elderbear

No. Yes.

And it has a follow on ...

Well, if I dig in the used language a bit, I could say that he had these horses, meaning that they no longer belong to him, so, that would mean the answer was 0.

Another reason leads me to mention that horses can't speak, so then the answer would also be 0.

Am I coming close?

No. Yes.

And it has a follow on ...

Another reason leads me to mention that horses can't speak, so then the answer would also be 0.

Am I coming close?

You got it!

Now for the follow on question: Assuming that horses can speak, how many of Hassan's horses could say that it is the same color as another of Hassan's horses?

Now for the follow on question: Assuming that horses can speak, how many of Hassan's horses could say that it is the same color as another of Hassan's horses?

Well, I'd say either he has no more horses and it would be 0.

Or there would be 7 who could say that they had the same color as another of his horses.

But I guess there again is some trick involved?

Or there would be 7 who could say that they had the same color as another of his horses.

well as i see it, he HAD 8 of them. that does imply that he does NOT have 8 of them any more. so he may have sold 1 or more horses and left with some or none of them.

so the answer is ranges from 0 to 7 since he could have sold the brown one and still 7 horses could say thay are the same color.

makes sence??????

I found this unsolved riddle that I cant work out.

1 door closes, 9 open. When 9 close, 1 door opens. What is it?

a shutlebay with 9 enterences to it :)

see if the shutlebay door is open all the other 9 must close so no air will ascape, and if it is closeed then all 9 can open!

hahaha probebly not the right answer but i think its a funny one and does makes since.

;)

a shutlebay with 9 enterences to it :)

see if the shutlebay door is open all the other 9 must close so no air will ascape, and if it is closeed then all 9 can open!

hahaha probebly not the right answer but i think its a funny one and does makes since.

;)

hehe, interesting suggestion. except they keep the air in with forcefields that they can fly through.

Yes. All of them could "say" they were the same color of at least one other horse ... just like all our policiticans "say" they have our best interests at heart ...

A 10-bit binary up-down counter.

1 door closes, 9 open.

Upcount causing a transition from 0111111111b -> 1000000000b

When 9 close, 1 door opens.

Downcount causing a transition from 1000000000b -> 0111111111b

• 1 month later...
well you may or may not have heard this one but ......

how far can one travel into a forest on foot ?

Halfway - because once you've past halfway in, you're on your way out again.

or to put it another way it depends on how many trees are in the way!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...