If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to here it....

Pella

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can spend all life contemplating the nature of reality - long enough to miss it ALL - I'd rather not do that...

MM

I like it.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to solve it is a reality to experience" Frank Herbert

oh and yes it makes a noise.

saying it doesnt make a noise is like saying as soon as i leave my house it ceases to exsist.

But for a Pantheist, the Universe is its own Witness ...

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the parallel question: "If two men are walking in the forest, and there is no woman around to hear them, are they still wrong?"

;)

According to this site, trees make different sounds when somebody is around to hear them fall then when they're alone ...

Two men together cannot be wrong for all man are created equal. So if one man is wrong, the other is also wrong, so both cannot be wrong all the time, so one needs to be right but since there is no woman around to tell him he is wrong or right both could be right or both could be wrong but then again...

Ok let's get back to this tree thing... seems easier.

So if a tree fall on elderbear, will the tree scream in pain?

But for a Pantheist, the Universe is its own Witness ...

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the parallel question: "If two men are walking in the forest, and there is no woman around to hear them, are they still wrong?"

;)

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

According to this site, trees make different sounds when somebody is around to hear them fall then when they're alone ...

how about this one.

if you drop your toast it allways lands butter side down right.

and if a cat falls it allways lands on its feet right.

so if your strap a piece of toast to the back of your cat and drop it out the window what happens?

It depends which way you strap the toast to the cat. Butter side up; Instant anti grav. Butter side down; a mess on the side walk.

:(

Nope... it doesn't matter which way you strap on the toast' date=' because cat trumps toast... possibly due to mass, but mostly due to cuteness value ^_^[/quote']

It matters to the cat. Butterside down and the butter gets into the cats fur, creating a mess of matted fur. Yeuch!!!!