Seeing the future

ZaphodiLe

A while ago I thought of something.

Hypothetically, you could build this super computer, and feed it with the information of where and how every single atom, or quark for that matter, and energy are in the universe.

Then, since this computer knows everything and the laws of nature, it should be able to show things as they are now, and project things as they happen. Given these conditions, you should be able to speed up time in this computer and project the future :)

Of course this is _practically_ impossible, but interesting anyway, cause it isn't entirely IMPOSSIBLE.

you would need a quantum computer. and we would have to know the laws of the universe to program it which we dont.

i watched a documentary on this last year and they concluded that if you could create a computerised universe then it is possible that it is our universe that is the computer simulation.

Given that you can only feed HALF the necessary data of all the particles of the universe (i.e. Uncertainty Principle... only momentum OR position exactly, not both), there is still the matter of chaos... some particles simply don't follow the usual patterns, and end up where they technically shouldn't be able to go. Diodes are based on the fact that electrons tunnel through a solid barrier... something that precludes a nice clean model just by itself.