Recommend me a good Sci_Fi show(s) to download and watch

Yogurth

So Far I have watched all Star Trek series except the original first ST (guess too young). I'm in progress of watching/downloading Battlestar Galactica (New Series, as a kid I watched original ones :)) and last but not least I have seen entire Seson 1 of Lost and WoW! Great show, reminds me much of Stephen Kings writing style (can't say the sam for plot it hasn't happened yet :)). Dr Who (old ones), Quantum Leap (not all), Blake's 7 (this was awesome, relly dark sci-fi).

I know that there are slew of series currently showing in USA, but I have no idea which are any good (i heard names Andromeda, Firefly(i think)...).

So please gimme some advice :) Something That goes well with Black Sabbath' into the void :)

Thank You.

Farscape, Stargate SG-1

I personally avoid Andromeda but sample it to be sure. Firefly is definitely worth trying (by the creators of Buffy but not as over the top).

I think Odyssey 5 if I remember right was interesting but on TV at a bad time for me so I rarely caught it.

Lexx MOPDERATOR REMOVED INAPPROPIATE WORDS. B-o-r-i-n-g.

So Far I have watched all Star Trek series except the original first ST (guess too young).

You should watch the Original Trek. Ignore the dated effects & pay attention to the plot..... still some of the best stories to hit the screen.... written by some of the greatest writers ever (Harlan Ellison, Gene Coon, et cetera).

I rank TOS equal to TNG in good stories.

troy

• 2 weeks later...

Definatly Firefly. The show never went a hole season before Fox dicided to cancel it. They have probably realised today that they made a huge mistake.

Anyway, i recommend watching the series and then follow up with the new movie "Serenity".

Hell, all of Star Trek rocks. Start with TOS, and go in sequence. You won't regret it. The TOS movies are the best of the lot I feel (6 being my favourite). The rest come a close second or third.

Firefly is awesome. I want it to come back. If family guy can come back, why not Firefly? Big fan of farscape. Watch that as well if you can. I avoided Andromeda because I thought it was just crap, and I still feel the same way (no offense) Just bad acting all around although I did like the computer hologram.

Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, at first, I almost thought SG-1 was better than ST but after watching more of ST, I came to the conclusion that nothing beats ST (TOS,TNS, DS9,Voyager). Don't get me wrong. SG-1 is great. Good plot, good story. And although the effects are nothing compared to Star Trek, it's still a very good show. Atlantis, now that's another series although a spin off. Very interesting. Most sci fi fans love it.

I have mixed feelings about Enterprise. I guess it was getting better towards the 4th season. But I didn't really care too much about it.

Oh, don't forget Babylon 5 and the movies. Good show and a very good series (IMHO). Some liked it, some did not. And also, do not forget Battlestar Galactica.

I feel that the BSG in 1978 had a better plot, better acting and seemed more real. Forgive the graphics and special effects though as it was 1978. But all in all, some of my favourite actors and actresses were in there.

The new BSG, don't get me wrong. I don't hate it. I just feel it's a little too dramatic. There's no laughter, everybody looks like stone and they committed the cardinal sin when they replace starbucks (my favourite A teamer) with that girl and boomer with that asian chick. Change is good most of the time, but definitely not this time. Totally crap what they did to it. The show is alright, Adama is good. Good choice. His son though, bah. I really don't want to be too negative about BSG, but I'm not too big a fan of the new one.

I don't think there's any other Sci Fi I can recommend. If I can remember anymore, I'll come back here.

I've not seen it mentioned here, but I thought Dark Skies was excellent.

I agree with the 4400

Plus ... everybody should see ToS ... get them now !!

I asked a similar question last week and I'm in the processing of getting hold of Farscape Season 1 right now ... so if this thread is still running, I'll report back and let ya know

• 3 weeks later...

The new BSG, don't get me wrong. I don't hate it. I just feel it's a little too dramatic. There's no laughter, everybody looks like stone

I know the near total genocide of my race by killer robots that could be anybody and exstinguish my life any second always gets me laughing...

Anyway, let's see...

Bablyon 5 - definitely one of the best sci-fi shows for people with the patience and intelligence. It's not something that's instantly going to wow you or give you weekly fights with species 1234 or other such gimmicky nonsense. It makes up for that - and its low budget - with a plot that runs from start to finish, some great acting/characterisation and of course, some great space combat.

Farscape - certainly a cut above the usual science-fiction. It manages to provide interesting characters and situations which are often entirely novel and a kind of continuity that most other shows would be hard pressed to match.

BSG - quite simply one of the best sci-fi shows of the decade. Anyone that says otherwise is wrong.

Firefly - Whedon seems to be pretty much love or hate but this is certainly superior in many ways to Buffy or Angel and it's probably one of the few sci-fi shows where they aren't all fighting the good fight.

SG-1/Atlantis - it's pretty much all been said about them. They're not really earth shattering or that original but it doesn't take itself too seriously.

For me...

1) SG-1... I'm sorry... but that's a series... that went from ST syle space explore with modern guys to fighting bad guy aliens to full fledged war with an immensely powerful enemy... WHILE having fillers but really fleshing out the plots as well and with cool twists... though sometimes expected.

2) B-5... this is the SCI FI series that started it all... 1 major story with awesome subplots... finely fleshed out... ancient enemies... mega space fights... awesome characters and villains.

3) Farscape... probably 1 of the more interesting and unique series... how !?... They took a decade old concept and transformed it into something totally different and unique... showing that old ideas don't mean bad if you can do it right. Plus it was action packed and absolutely hilarious... though very screwy at times.

4) BSG... another very unique and dark sci fi. Defnitely not one of ur average ones... there's nothing to say about this really... like Farscape it takes an old concept but changes it into something new... this is a series that believes in quality than quantity.

5) Firefly... another unique series... which could've been done better if given more time but hey... no complains

Among STs... I liked some Eps of TNG n Mainly a fan of DS-9... but u can easily make out that DS-9 has a shadow of B-5 on it... specially since JMS [b-5 creator] pitched his idea as the next ST.

VOYAGER was a crap show that got interesting in 3, 4 n 5th season but went down the drains in the last 2... like the 1st 2.

Enterprise was bullcrap from the beginning... and got really good in S4.

Atlantis... started awesome... got ok... got awesome again... but now is boring.

• 2 weeks later...

The screwiness of Farscape is one of it's strong points that to me at least, make it one of the best sci-fi series ever. ( My other favourite is Firefly )

Watch the fanmade Farscape trailer for The Peacekeeper wars

http://www.watchfarscape.com/tv/farscape-boymeetsgirl-g.mov

Thats pretty much sum it up .. very screwy.

It's also great that you see this affecting John Crichton as he goes from completely sane to completely nuts and back to something inbetween.

Seeing as how his life is messed with, the trouble he's in, that fact that he is in love and that creatures are always stealing his brain or altering it , or injecting or projecting something in to it, it's a wonder how he stays semi-sane.

If you like hot sci-fi characters also see this for either Ben Bowder or Claudia Black.

Some people have actually named their daughter Aeryn after the Aeryn Sun character

hmmm.something that goes good with black sabbaths into the void!

they are too old now man..you need some hipper stuff by the u.s.rocker, Perry como

you heard of slim shady?check out Slim Whitman one bad ass screaming voice.

meen Deen Martin is a psychadelic retro guy with the greasy hair,famous for his early grunge style. hes dead now jim,he drank too much and smoked too much,.

bingo crosby,before he broke up with his partner bobby hope

and the meanest MF Lawrence welk, he pioneered the music video before mtv ans wore some crazy clothes with wild colors!

any baby boomers or generation Xers remember them? ;)

should be downloads available! :)

you want to know good sci-fi

start with good early foundation of sci-fi like classic rock man,

classic sci-fi never dies just gets better with age.!.

heres some starting points of sci-fi tv.

the Outer Limits 60;s version, dark and gothic black & white really.

one step beyond

trek original series

the Time Tunnel series,:available here on torrent

Space 1999 a must. lots of moody tension

day of the triffids bbc mini series

land of the lost 1974 version by sid and marty krofft

Voyage to the bottom of the sea ,yes it has sci fi in it.

logans run tv series,available here

somebody refreshen my memory:the 80's mini series by ray Bradbury about the guys going to mars and seeing mirages of their relitives.based on his book.

on a lighter note

lost in space

planet of the apes tv series 1974

enjoy, check out those rockers too man! rock on!