Are We Alone?

thanatos355

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not say that there is alot of evidence to prove that we are not alone. However, there is the fact that the odds of another race of humanoids either being created by a superiour being, or evoling in one of the billions of galaxies that we know about and countless ones we don't.

You do the math.

I think the common assumption that "technologically enlightened races would be peaceful" is pretty naive...I mean look at ourselves, in 75 years if we've learned at least some limited means of interstellar travel (enough to drastically increase the odds we'd encounter another species) would we so drastically change in human nature as well as technology in that 75 yrs? hell no, that race we find is gonna be up fucked river if there's anything remotely valuable in/on/near/around their space/planet/solarsystem.

I always belive the are alien life form out there

and they are aware of us. But always wondered why not make contact.

Then it came too me, would you make contact with earth people after watching CNN world news.

We can't even get along with each other what do you think we'll do to them. :stare:

I know there are other races on other planets.

We just can't find them yet.

I think they will only try and communicate as soon as we have a higher sort of technologie.

As those story's about aliens visting earth, I don't think this is true. And else the gouvernment will keep it a secret, because there will be lots of people not trusting them.

Wherever geology allows complex chemistry, life is possible. Statistically the universe is bound to have many places where there is liquid water, sufficient carbon, nitrogen, trace heavy elements, etc. Many star systems must have a "Goldilocks Zone" like the one ours has. Planets within such zones must be considered prime candidates. Within a GZ, even large planets might support life at least on a microbial scale.

Life itself is a consequence of geological and stellar phenomena. With the right elements and a fluid transport mechanism, especially water but possibly including other liquid transport mechanisms (liquid methane?), life is possible, if not inevitable.

The next generation of more powerful telescopes may begin to reveal planets like ours in other solar systems. I believe it is just a matter of time before we detect them.