WHAT WILL BE FOUND ON MARS

psheldrake1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think the idea of 'domes' and confined enviroments of developmental stages could possibly in the future help mars prepare for a breathable atmosphere for us humans down here?

Dude, Earth already has a breathable atmosphere......

:stare:

"For us humans down here" had nothing to do with earth, I meant for us humans as a whole down on earth as to get up to mars; I was asking you if you thought the idea had any possibility of being successfull eg, slowly creating an atmosphere for mars so we could breathe it for example.

"For us humans down here" had nothing to do with earth' date=' I meant for us humans as a whole down on earth as to get up to mars; I was asking you if you thought the idea had any possibility of being successfull eg, slowly creating an atmosphere for mars so we could breathe it for example.[/quote']

Oh!

Hell yea......!!

A breathable atmosphere is very possible. Had they started in the 60's or 70's, we'd be a 4th of the way there by now, if we pushed our efforts.

Terraforming is very possible........There may be a few bumps along the way, but it's doable.

:)

I agree with your conclusion' date=' also thanks for understanding me again :cyclops:[/quote']

You're welcome, but I can't stress enough that we need to beat the Russians to Mars.

......The religious value alone is worth the trip, IMHO.

Mars has enough oxygen already. We just have to separate the carbon from the oxygen. Fertilizer could be shipped to augment the soil. The only problem is, you still need to warm the planet to release water from the depths. Shipping water would be very expensive. What's the weight 5 pounds a gallon. If we just bring up extra hydrogen a major problem is solved.

Mars has enough oxygen already. We just have to separate the carbon from the oxygen. Fertilizer could be shipped to augment the soil. The only problem is, you still need to warm the planet to release water from the depths. Shipping water would be very expensive. What's the weight 5 pounds a gallon. If we just bring up extra hydrogen a major problem is solved.

Shipping water is out of the question. The amount needed for the whole planet would weigh tons.

Our best hope is that the water that used to flow on the surface is underground, frozen solid.

We need to launch those orbiting mirrors........!!

:mad:

Plus we'd have to get it from Earth.. and it'd pretty much be like taking all the water off our planet to put it on another planet..

Unless Earth is struck by a huge meteor & flug out of its orbit like Mars was, we're in no danger of a water shortage.

In fact, it might actually be benificial for Earth to give up some of its water.......

The problem is transporting huge amouts of water, and protecting that water from radiation exposure.

:thinking:

Plus we'd have to get it from Earth.. and it'd pretty much be like taking all the water off our planet to put it on another planet..

Unless Earth is struck by a huge meteor & flug out of its orbit like Mars was, we're in no danger of a water shortage.

In fact, it might actually be benificial for Earth to give up some of its water.......

The problem is transporting huge amouts of water, and protecting that water from radiation exposure.

:thinking:

And from what I know, space itself has plenty of radiation on its own or at least from the sun, because our Planatary ozone layer protects us from the deadly radiation eh.

And from what I know' date=' space itself has plenty of radiation on its own or at least from the sun, because our Planatary ozone layer protects us from the deadly radiation eh.[/quote']

I am confidant that the vast majority of deadly radiation can be deflected by the proper materials.......

B)

And from what I know' date=' space itself has plenty of radiation on its own or at least from the sun, because our Planatary ozone layer protects us from the deadly radiation eh.[/quote']

I am confidant that the vast majority of deadly radiation can be deflected by the proper materials.......

B)

Materials such as what? Human body parts .... or torrent files ;)? [just joking with the torrent files stuff] :)

Best to use what ye have in each enviroment.

Dont wanna waste Earth's precious resources. Besides we have plenty of room for development.

Land & resources are limited. And as for waisting resources. Every day we see garbage on the streets. Maybe we should be sending our garbage to Mars. De-composting matter will heat up the planet in time for us. And supply some of the nutrients need for growth. With the mirrors Von suggested should work quite well. That reminds me of the episode of Futurama, when they had to blow up a ball of garbage with another ball of garbage.