Building an electric truck

motoxjesse

hey guys i have been trying to build this truck for some time but im pressed for ideas and such. the idea is such: stock suzuki samurai (87) motor is removed as well as all electrical components, now im keping the transmition as i think it will do ok meshed up with a dc motor, now i just need to find out about speed controllers, motors, charging, battries, as well as geardown recharge method as well as stop and go possiblities. any thoughts/ideas guys?

No ideas but i saw an interesting article a while back on the web how some engineer modified a hybrids batteries so he could achieve 80 mpg Google it ! There's some good ideas and im sure a few people in that article you can possibly email and gleem some knowledge from them!

While your at it build me one to!!!

well what do you mean, like the flywheel thats like ont the gas motor origonally? toe creat some kind of enersha(spelling)

i do have to make an adapter plate to mate the electric motor to the tansmition, unless i use a gear reducer of some kind

• 2 weeks later...

i was thinking about it....

yeap keeping the flywheel always moving... much like how a real engine works... this should provide a good start-up force...

better than a direct drive aproch...

and you can have multiple motors on the one wheel.... :)

• 2 weeks later...