Earth: Flat or Round?

piepie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's something. Are there any real maps of the galaxy online, complete or not? One with interesting stars like Betelguese, Sirius and Sol labled on it?

All I can find are Trek and other fantasy ones.

Did you mean a map of the entire universe as we know it or of the Milky Way, Soul?

I think that when I was born someone put me into a holodeck scene where I am still living and all other 'human beings' are unreal.

and the internet is just another invention of THEM to make me think that everything is okay......

I say round. All those TV satelites we use to watch enterprise' date=' would find difficulties orbiting aROUND a flat earth :([/quote']

hmmm they could make an rectangular orbit.....

| |

| ----------- |

|_________|

something like that......

Maybe the east and west edges of the earth are flat along with the north and south ones, so extending the plane infinitely. A satelite could move along in a straight line forever and still repeat it's cycle.

I think that when I was born someone put me into a holodeck scene where I am still living and all other 'human beings' are unreal.

Oh we're all real, it's just you that's not. Sorry to ruin it for you. It's like the inverse of the Matrix

Do you know where to find universal maps? I didn't know it existed until now... not much to reap but hell I've got nothing better to do...right now....

You can try to find Deep Space Explorer or Starry Night. They both have been on the tracker.

I say round. All those TV satelites we use to watch enterprise' date=' would find difficulties orbiting aROUND a flat earth :([/quote']

Terry Pratchett's The Last Hero gives a counter example. It's a fun, fun, read. Perhaps I should post the audiobook here?

If the atmosphere in a dyson sphere was thick enough anything in the distance would disappear into have. I suppose they'd realise they'll living inside a sphere when they notice the sun doesn't appear to move no matter how far they move.