Earth: Flat or Round?

piepie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The earth is CUBE shaped dammit. All those photos from space are all computer generated lies from the liberal media. :p
That has to be it' date=' has anyone ever seen the earth from an very high altitude.... No! [/quote'] Reminds me of a discussion I had in school:

ME: "Here's a picture of the Milky Way Galaxy. I wonder how they took this picture?"

PAL:"They just sent out a space probe & took it."

ME: "Ha! No way. It would take millions of years for the probe to travel from earth to the edge of the milky war. That's not where this picture came from."

PAL:"Yes it is! It's from a space probe!"

ME: "No you're wrong." PAL:"I'm right." ME: "No." PAL:"Yes."

The conversation degenerated from there. Actually, we HAVE seen pictures of the Earth as a whole. The Voyager probe looked backwards and took a photo of both the Earth & the moon, side-by-side. Both were verifiably round.

Interesting (or not) Trivia:

The Bible refers to the Earth being round several times, yet Feudal Europe, strong believers in the Bible, still insisted it was flat.

Feudal Europe, at least the educated ones, knew the earth was round. They knew this from ancient Greek experiments that the Catholic Church had preserved & studied.

Now, where does the Bible say the earth is round? I don't recall any scripture like that?

Well the photo I was looking at was produced in the 1970's, which was pre-computer imagery. I think it was an actual photo of the Andromeda Galaxy, and they mislabeled it "the Milky Way", because from a distance they would look near-identical.