Beam Weapons Sought by US Army

elderbear

Hey, they actually got some pretty cool outstanding 'requests'. Like something that could be called a 'universal translator' is also on their request page.

As for the gun, I sure would not like to be targeted with a microwave gun, lethal for sure!!

• 2 weeks later...
Focused microwaves are VERY nasty as a weapon, actually... I'm amazed they don't have microwave guns already. They're easy to direct, and VERY nasty against living tissue...

I was out at NASA's Goldstone tracking station some years ago, talking to one of the techs about his experience with military radars. He said when they got bored, they'd aim their vehicle-portable aircraft tracking S-band units at a flock of birds. It would only take a few seconds before they were cooked out of the air!

I'm really not sure I'd like these guys to have portable units they could aim at people.

look the US military is just staying ahead of the curve .The more effective the weapons the quicker GW can achieve world con eerrrr maintain peace yea thats it , maintain peace

in all fairness better we come up with these weapons than they come up with them we all know that we dont want them to have the weapons first

• 1 month later...
I've just started work on a tin-foil hat ... then I'll make a foil body suit!

Visions of klystrons shorting out and sparks flying ...

:cyclops: :cyclops: :cyclops:

an effective defense, an metal will stop the penetration of microwaves. i think a weapon like this would be best used against civies, another scary thought

• 3 weeks later...
yeah' date=' such a use would certainly be in keeping with what has been done in past. I'd like to see someone try and argue that atom bombs and hydrogen bombs are for pricision strikes against purely milliatry targets[/quote']

What deeply concerns me is what is called ' The ethics Of Modern Warfare'

Soldiers are not there to kill the enemy, but wound, blind and maim where possible. This done to tie up Doctors, nurses, Medical supplies and time looking after paitients and thus winning wars by attrition.

Of course terrorists belive the exact same thuing but do apply them to civillian and the defenceless.