How Fast ?

xtremeskiing

You don't really need a car to break a telephone pole. Just don't let it sleep, keep bright lights shining on it at all times and make it watch Christina Aguilera videos 24x7! That'll break anything!

c4 :p

Now this looks like something I might post!!!

Fantastic! :D

actually it should effectively break at an impact speed from 30 to 40 mph so I voted for 40 . they are actually designed to give under pressure to keep from instantly killing people who some how ram into them at dangerous speeds .

I am not saying that the cops speed was 40 but rather that is about the impact speed needed .

for example do you know how many of these poles are knocked down in a hurricane- and the force of a hurricane is less than that of a vehicle traveling 35 mph

edit I by no means am a structural engineer but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night ;)

Hold on' date=' I just re read this entire thread.... are you saying that she broke one of the large, sturdy telephone pole in two pieces, and the much larger part of the pole was launched 10 feet down the road, AND SHE STILL LIVED? Does that sound er, well extremely unlikely to anyone else?[/quote']

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Had to be Bud-wis-er cause it took more than 40 or so mph to take that out, the wires have some stregth to them and that adds to the strength of the pole unless it was telephone only, but with power lines, they add cables to add tension and ... strength.